To Know More
Bradt Guide to Ethiopia by Philip Briggs (7th edition, 2015). Clocking in at 656 pages, the 7th edition of this long serving guidebook provides the most comprehensive coverage of tourist sites, accommodation and other facilities on the market. Available as a printed book or ebook.
Other useful guidebooks include:
- Lonely Planet’s Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somaliland (5th edition, 2013). Available as a printed book or ebook.
- Rough Guide to Ethiopia (1st edition, 2015) Ebook only.
- Le Petit Futé Ethiopie (2013). The only French-language guide. Printed and ebook available.
- Ethiopian Wildlife Conservation Authority (EWCA)
- Bale Mountains National Park
- Simien Mountains National Park
- Regular travel updates posted by the author of the Bradt guide.
- Detailed site descriptions of all of Ethiopia’s nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Full list and site descriptions of Ethiopia’s 69 Important Bird Areas.
- Complete checklist of birds found in Ethiopia.